Please note that these recommendations are provided for information purposes only and that the best recommendations are those of your dentist or specialist who performed the surgery.
The following is a list of the most common recommendations from practitioners:
- Take prescribed or recommended analgesics and/or antibiotics, if applicable;
- Apply ice to the treated area within 12 hours of the procedure to help control swelling (it will decrease within 3 to 6 days of the procedure);
- Avoid smoking: cigarettes and other tobacco products slow down and can compromise healing;
- A soft diet is recommended for the first week after the procedure;
- Gently brush the teeth while taking extra care near the treated area;
- Follow-up is normally recommended within 10 to 14 days of the procedure.