Delays ranging from a few days to a few weeks are expected to complete the following steps, depending on how the prosthesis is manufactured (on site at the clinic, in an external laboratory, etc.):
- Dental examination and impressions of your mouth to obtain details on the shape of the gum, the position of the internal structures of the mouth or adjacent to the future prosthesis, such as the tongue, lips and cheeks;
- Measurement of the jaw position, choice of teeth (color, shape and material) and base material according to your preferences and according to the complete physiognomy of your mouth;
- Manufacturing of the prosthesis in the laboratory or on site at the clinic, as the case may be;
- Fitting the prosthesis during the manufacturing process to check its function, aesthetics and how it adapts to your physiognomy. Preliminary adjustments as well as several fittings may be required;
- Putting the final prosthesis in the mouth, as well as the adjustments and corrections necessary to optimize your comfort.
If you have had dental extractions, a prosthesis adjustment 3 to 6 months after extraction is recommended following gingival loss during healing of the extraction sites.